Thursday, July 14, 2011

Cupcakes...

Well, I deemed tonight's adventure to be blog-worthy. I've recently been on a new food/recipe kick. I find much happiness from making good food. So far, it has been fairly successful. UNTIL, tonight. Tonight, I took a stab at some baking. So far, in my married life, my baking successes have been slim, but I do like to bake. I saw these cupcakes at A Beautiful Mess (she has lots of pretty things to write about!). I thought they sounded yummy, but I'm not a huge raspberry person. So I decided to do strawberry instead. I had most of the ingredients minus this and that. So tonight, the adventure began(dun dun dun). And, surprisingly, it went well. Everything tasted good, and looked good up until I told Jared he could finally have one......no one told me I have to spray cupcake liners!!!!....they are all stuck:( So....These strawberry-creme filled cupcakes fall apart when you try to eat them. What a bummer! Oh well, at least I know they taste good. I don't really know what to do with them now. I can't really give them away...maybe some good friends will indulge in the delicious messiness. Oh well, one good thing is I got to use my cake decorator contraption:) It was fun. Well, here are the pretty, deceitful cupcakes.

This is them with the creme-filling, before the icing. 

 And, this is the finished product!



And, this is the best part.....

So sad, but yummy...

No comments:

Post a Comment