Friday, August 12, 2011

Week at a Glance

Last week we went to the 'ol Birmingham to see family and friends. It was a refreshing visit. I forgot my fancy camera, so I resorted to Instagram, which worked quite well I think. The pictures may be a little more random but that is OK. So here we go:

_____________________________________________________________

This kept us going on the way over there; it always does :)

 On Tuesday, we went to the McWane Center, which is like a hands-on science center for kids. We went with my sister-in-law, Anna, my mom, and our two nephews. It was a lot of fun! 

Jared is in a smoke tornado with Jordan-I think. 

Later, we went to eat at a local pizza place with them and my brother joined.
 This is their whole family; even baby Asa made it in the picture:)

This is what most of the rest of the week looked like- 
playing "Hanging with friends" on the iPhone or...

reading my new book. So far it is very good. It's really making me think, and changing my perspective on a lot of things. I may give a further review once I've finished it. 

On Friday and Saturday, Jared was in a wedding in Mississippi, so we went to the rehearsal dinner on Friday, and this is my hair-do. I don't normally take pictures of my hair, but I finally bought bobby pins and was able to pin my hair up (I was actually taking the picture to see if it looked good or not). I thought it was rather pretty:)

And this was the best part of the whole week- well maybe not the best but the most adventurous- we stayed in a real life cabin in the deep country of Mississippi. It was so cute, as you can see. It was literally one big room with a kitchen and bathroom. It was fun for one night, not sure I would do it for much longer than that, but it really was nice. The people were extremely kind to let us stay there for the night, seeing that we had no where else to stay:) 

_____________________________________________________________

And that is all the pictures from the week. I wish I had thought to take pictures with people. It'll happen one of these days. I didn't even take a picture of one of the most exciting parts of the weekend. Two of our good friends got engaged Sunday night, and we had a big surprise party. It was so much fun; I love it! I'm so excited for the two of them; I can't wait to see how God uses them together to spread His name.  

Well, now we're back to normal life. We jumped right into a busy week this week. And we're into a nice relaxing weekend now. I start school on Monday, so that'll definitely be keeping me busy for a while. 
_____________________________________________________________

Now, I have one more picture to share as I close:
Thank you, Lord, for cool summer rains. 


Have a good weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment